We can hardly remember a time when hand sanitiser wasn't a permanent fixture in our bags now since coronavirus began it's become a staple in our daily routine.
Lately, many beauty brands have noticed the demand and changed the focus of their factories to create hand sanitisers. It can all be a bit confusing when choosing the best for you.
When you're looking to buy sanitisers, keep in mind that to be effective hand sanitiser needs to have at least 60% alcohol, as this will kill most germs and the virus.
But as we all know washing your hands is preferable to using a hand gel. Hand washing is the single most important preventative hygiene measure. Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water many times throughout the day. Then use your sanitiser post wash.
There can be many ingredients used in these products that dry out sensitive skin and cause tenderness, chapping and sores. It is important to find one that suits your skin.
We, like many others have tested many to find what suits us best. We have tried to give you a number of options including alcohol and non-alcohol, single and handy pack sizes.
Here are the ones we're reaching for and as a bonus, they're kind to hands.
CAUTION: All products are for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, rinse your eyes thoroughly with clean warm water for 15 mins. Keep out of reach of children.
There is no substitute for washing your hands thoroughly.
· Clean moisturised hands: Fast drying, non-sticky, refreshing formula to keep your hands clean and hydrated
· Rapid Action: Helps fight disease spreading bacteria and germs fast & effectively
· Contains tea tree & peppermint essential oils for lovely and clean refreshing feel
· Developed and tested under strict GMP standards.
Protect yourself and your family against the harmful bacteria and germs with this refreshing hand sanitising & moisturising cleansing gel. Sannol is alcohol-based and helps fight against disease spreading bacteria and viruses. We found this formula to be non-sticky and fast drying and left our hands clean and hydrated. It also contains Tea Tree & Peppermint oil for a lovely refreshing feeling.
· Kills germs: This sanitiser is effective against a wide range of bacteria and virus
· Fast-acting: easy-dry sanitiser gel instantly sanitises hands without need for soap and water
· Skin-friendly: moisturising formula leaves hands clean with no stickiness after use
· Clinell hand gel includes alcohol and biocides to kill any unwanted pathogens
· Kind to skin: Clinell sanitiser includes aloe vera and glycerine to create a formula which is kind to skin
We love the fact that this product features a distinct, skin-friendly blend of alcohol and biocides containing glycerine and aloe vera extracts. We found that the gel drys in a matter of seconds and leave hands clean, moisturised and feeling refreshed without any residual stickiness.
· Clearell ADVANCED+ hand sanitiser is alcohol and fragrance free so it’s ideal for food preparation areas, commercial, hotels, restaurants, schools, protected facilites and home use
· Excellent alternative for where there is a high risk of fire or alcohol poisoning. Approved to meet stringent BS EN 1276 and BS EN 13667
· Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser kills 99.9% of germs and is gentle on skin leaving hands refreshed
· Active for up to 6 hours with hydrating formula for frequent everyday use improving hygiene
We like Clearell ADVANCED+ because it is an alcohol and fragrance free antibacterial hand sanitiser. it has been developed, tested and certified to kill 99.99% of germs making it an essential for any home or business. It's designed to kill nasty bacteria and prevent the unwanted spread of diseases. We found this product left our hands dry, clean and feeling protected. It’s alcohol and fragrance free so in addition to protectecting all of us we used it in our staff canteen where our lunches were prepared. We also used this product in our salon refill dispensers. So it's a very robust sanitiser. Clearell ADVANCED+ is tested and approved to meet stringent BS EN 1276 and BS EN 13667. It's also ISO9001 registered.
· Kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses quickly and safely without the need for soap and water
· Delicately fragranced with added moisturisers
· Handy 50ml travel size ideal for handbags, rucksacks and pockets
· 73.6% alcohol. Frequent use helps stop the spread of bacteria & viruses.
Paraben Free. Not tested on animals
Convenient Anti-bacterial hand sanitsier gel. Frequent use helps stop the spread of bacteria & viruses. Designed to kill 99.9% of bacteria. Effective alternative to soap and water and ideal for on the go use. Founded in 1970 in the Heart of England, Baylis & Harding is a family business which has grown from humble beginnings to become an award winning, international success. Beautifully made, beautifully packaged and beautifully fragranced, Baylis & Harding create gifts that are opened with delight and products to make your home feel more wonderful.